We appreciate your interest in our conference. If you have selected Valencia employee registration, you are an employee who is interested in registering for the conference. Please read on for the methods of payment accepted for Valencia hosted conferences followed by a few simple steps to register. Should you assistance, please call Conferencing & College Events at 407-582-5106 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Forms of payment not permitted for Valencia hosted conference registrations:
- Procurement cards (p-cards)
- Check requests (unless paid through grant funding)
- There are two accepted payment methods for Valencia hosted conference registration:
- Staff and Program Development (SPD) funds (soon to become Employee Development Funds or EDF)
- Department funds (in-district travel funds account 605010, which must be approved by budget manager)
- A third possible payment method is grant funding, which must be approved by the grant budget manager. Check with your department to see if any grant funding is available.
- Per diems are for department use only and should not be submitted to accounts payable.
- Please submit a mileage reimbursement form to accounts payable at MC DO-330 for conference related parking and mileage.
- If you are paying conference registration with department budget funds, you need only complete steps 2 and 3 below.
- Once Conferencing and College Events has received the completed and approved forms from Employee Development, we will complete the transaction with accounts payable internally via a budget transfer.
The registration process is simple—just follow these four steps!
- STEP 1
Complete a Staff and Program Development Request for Tuition Reimbursement or Conference Registration (SPD) form with supervisory approval. All questions regarding SPD funds (which will soon be called Employee Development Funds or EDF) and eligibility should be directed to Leah Fowlkes extension 8091.
*Note: SPD (EDF) funds cover registration fees only and cannot be used for travel, books or additional materials.
- STEP 2
Complete an Authorization for Travel or Absence from Campus form with supervisory approval (click on the link to see a sample of how to complete this form). Your anticipated mileage and parking expenses should not be listed on the Authorization for Travel form since the conference is in-district. After the conference, you can submit a Mileage Reimbursement Form for those expenses.
*Note: If using department funds, please send approved Authorization for Travel form directly to Conferencing and College Events, Attn: Debbie Dash, MC DO-21.
- STEP 3
Click on the Register Now button below to complete and submit your online registration. Be sure to print your registration information.
- STEP 4
Submit the SPD (EDF) form, Authorization for Travel Form with your Learning Assessment registration form OR a copy of your registration confirmation to Leah Fowlkes, Employee Development, at mail code DO-21. Please note that SPD (EDF) forms with supervisor approval must be received by Leah Fowlkes, MC DO-21, prior to the first date of the conference, February 5, 2017